Thursday 11 February 2010

I'm sorry, did you say SNOW in south-east England?

So yesterday, when it tried to start snowing in a really pathetic way, I didn't think that the warmest part of England after Cornwall, Kent, would get such a ridiculous amount of snow. I was wrong.
But unlike the time when it snowed earlier this year, when all the children from around the estate converged on the green and had giant snowball fights, built snowmen and sledged down the barely-there slope. But this year, everyone is so bored of the snow, because it has been hanging around for so long now, that people have only just started to go out now. 



This is 9 o'clock this morning. I braved the cold, but I had to wear my Ugg boots and my Dad's coat that has a hood trimmed with coyote fur before I went into the elements. I had to use my Dad's camera, because mine took one look outside and died. 




Apparently this is what the snow in Canterbury looks like. For once, it doesn't look as though I'm missing anything. It was quite nice to see that Canterbury and Whitstable were trending topics on Twitter earlier; it makes me feel like I don't live in the back-of-beyond.  



This is suburbia at 4 o'clock this afternoon. It's nice that the snow is too deep for the ground to show through when someone treads on it. 


The cat door was blocked by a snow drift, so I got to spend some quality time with Tom today. Isn't he beautiful? 
Flo x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails