Tuesday 2 February 2010

Up on Vogue Mount

Here are a few more of my purchases from the weekend. Apologies for the plug socket in the picture, but living in suburbia means that every wall has a socket on it somewhere and Vogue Mount (as it is affectionately known) weighs quite a lot and I am too lazy to move it. 

The bag on top of Vogue Mount is from the Marc B concession at Topshop and I love it. I reminds me of a See by Chloe bag from last season, and it's the perfect size - it holds my school books and my make-up. The picture doesn't really do the colour justice. I was wearing my new red coat with it today, and because it's such a great red, it didn't clash like I thought it would. The scarf I put in the bag used to be my mum's and she got it in the 80s, when she still lived in London and it's actually part of a sari. I love it to pieces, and I wear it with nearly everything. 

The boots are from New Look and they are some of the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn. I am actually quite embarrassed to say that, but New Look do have some good shoes this season, but THEY NEVER HAVE SIZE FOUR! The boots, which remind me of some Tony Burch boots (below), are actually the last pair of size 5s; I had to steal the lace for one of them out of a pair of size 6s. 

And finally, the book, Dracula by Bram Stoker, was one of six book I bought from Foyles. I haven't bought that many books in ages, but Foyles had such a great selection, that I couldn't resist - my local Waterstones is seriously lacking on the "good book" front. The other books I bought were:
The Talented Mr Ripley - Patricia Highsmith
Frankenstein - Mary Shelley
The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde
Breakfast At Tiffany's - Truman Capote
Nobody's Girl - Sarra Manning
but I will write about these later. Right now I'm off to read Vogue. 
Flo x

Tony Burch boots image via: Net-a-porter.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails