Tuesday 13 April 2010

Gloria has returned....

Gloria (my camera) is completely over her diva moment and is ready for action.
When I went to London with Grace for the American Apparel rummage sale epic fail, I got two excellent vintage bags, for £16 each, from Absolute Vintage. I don't normally like vintage things (I'm not opposed to the idea, but I like vintage things to be in excellent condition and not to smell weird).


I got really excited when I saw this bag - it was sitting on a shelf next to a Chanel and I could see it's tag said "£18" and I thought, just for a second it was Chanel too. But no, it's just a cute little quilted bag, that is surprisingly roomy. It can handle the pressure of my purse, lip balm, phone, iPod, sunglasses and notebook without breaking a sweat.  
It's a better shape than most of the clutch bags available on the high street at the moment and it's real leather, so I think it's going to last for quite a while. 


The other bag was I bought twas the snake/croc skin bag (on the left). It's really stiff and sturdy so I can bash it about a bit without worrying about it breaking (i.e when I run for the bus, because even though I've passed my test I still have to catch the bus). I haven't used it much yet, but I think it will become my new school bag. 
The bag on the right is a bag I bought this time last year from Topshop, and is affectionately known as the Lovely Lucky Bag. I can see in all seriousness that it saved my life. I don't use it much, because the strap is a weird length, but it will always have a special place in my heart.
Flo x
P.S. See the scarf hanging multi-coloured scarf hanging behind the vintage back? I knitted that myself. 

2 comments:

  1. You spoke twice about a bag on the left :S
    Where did you get the one on the right? Because I ADORE that one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry - didn't read through properly. The bag on the right is from Topshop last year. I love it so much - they're doing a similar one this year, in a different colour.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails