Sunday 29 August 2010

Inspiration, or a lack of it.

Over the past two years, I have been quite lucky to have a income that I could spend on whatever I wanted - going places with my friends, clothes, magazines, DVDs, trips to the cinema, shoes. However,  in the last few months, I have needed to use my wages for my "responsibilities" - driving lessons, insurance, holidays, travel for work, saving for university. As a result, I have been spending a lot of time at home, and I am feeling very uninspired. 
The last item of clothing I bought was my beautiful jacket from Pinko, and although I love it, the weather is not quite right for it yet, and I mooch around my village in the same dress-or-jeans-and-jacket-combo, which I have grown very tired of.
What did excite and inspire me though, was a photo shoot I did with my mother, in the gardens of a beautiful local stately home, so that she had an entry for a sewing competition; the entry being the the dress she made for me.  It felt wonderful to put on something that fits me so well and is so gloriously extravagant and unlike anything I wear normally. I even enjoyed wearing my Office heels again as well - despite the fact that they hurt me so much I want to take them off after less than an hour.



This look is also on Lookbook (see above). Sorry for the long and wordy post.
Flo x

2 comments:

  1. you look gorgeous! what a beautiful dress, your mother is obviously very talented. love the blog. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!=) your mom did a great job on the sewing and you really look fabulous in this dress (+ the heels)^^

    greets,

    sherocksinfrocks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails